Quite a few virtual (work from anywhere) jobs over at Shmoop!
This is just one of them…there are more jobs listed at http://www.shmoop.com/public/jobs/
Grade 6 – 12 Assessments Writer: Language Arts
Shmoop (www.shmoop.com) is a digital curriculum company that makes learning, teaching, and test prep materials that are—dare we say it—awesome, thrilling, spectacular, magnificent, unforgettable, and…smart. Really smart.
To help carry out Shmoop’s (mostly benign) plans for world domination, we’re looking for a talented and experienced middle school or high school teacher, familiar with 612 curriculum and the Common Core, who can help us write language arts assessment questions.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with impeccable grammar
- Experience teaching in the 6 – 12 classroom
- Familiarity with the Common Core
- Selfstarting, flexible, and comfortable working independently
- Passion for, and understanding of, great works of literature (classic and contemporary; fiction and nonfiction), as well as communicating that passion to others
and social/cultural interests
- Strong knowledge of middle school and high school, both academic needs
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Work from home (or wherever else you choose)
- Flexible, projectbased work
Our offices are located in Mountain View, California, but you’ll work from wherever you want (whenever you want, and also wearing whatever you want). The position is parttime, and you’ll be paid per completed project.
Send us your wittiest cover letter and resume; we’ll be waiting with bated breath. If we think you’re a good fit, we will request a topicspecific writing sample.